We are a service that support families with children aged 0-19 years. Each individual family’s identified needs are supported by a keyworker who will work alongside you and your family.
We have four amazing teams in our service, and they are:
- Pre-birth & Infant Team-They provide support for families with children aged 0-1year.
- Adolescent Response Team-They provide support for families with children and young people aged 11-18 years.
- Targeted Family Support Team-They provide support for families with children and young people aged 0-19 years.
- Family Group Conference Team-They provide support to children, young people and their families. A Family Group Conference consists of, Private Family Time and they encourage children and young people to take part in the decisions that directly affect them.
All our teams offer support bespoke to your family and their individual needs. We work with the whole family, offering support, advice and guidance, parenting support and innovative approaches to best support your family to make sustainable changes. We work closely with many different agencies to ensure that you have the most appropriate support for you and your family.
We work directly with children and young people and families
We support our children and young people and their families in partnership with other agencies. The support provided includes:
- Wishes and feelings
- Positive relationships/friendships
- Self-esteem and confidence building
- Encourage engagement in positive activities as part of the whole family
- Keep safe work
- Safety in and out of the family home
- Internet Safety
- Support accessing other services (youth, school, health, early childhood services)
- Online safety
- Parenting and boundaries
- Debt management support
Bitesize Sessions for Parents and Carers
Family Matters have a range of bitesize online sessions (10-20 mins each) for parents and carers covering topics such as choices and consequences, managing anger, and keeping children safe in the digital age. To access the session follow the link here or click the image below.
Daily lived experience
In Family Matters we believe that to understand our families we need to know how your family functions and what life is really like. We work closely with our families to gather their daily lived experience. Everybody has an opportunity to tell us their story about what is going well in their life, what things they would like to change and what is worrying them. We then work alongside our families to put a plan in place to support them along their journey.
What families say about our service
The latest Family Matters newsletter is below. Newest newsletters will be added from the top.
Newsletter 9 – February 2021
Newsletter 8 – December 2020
Newsletter 7 – November 2020
Newsletter 6 – October 2020
Newsletter 5 – August 2020 Back to School Edition:
Newsletter 4 – July 2020
Newsletter 3 – 29th May 2020:
Newsletter 2 – 4th May 2020:
Newsletter 1 – 22nd April 2020: